Jayne is a chemical engineer with over 20 years experience in air quality including 13 years as an independent consultant and 9 years as an air quality officer and an air quality scientist at the Auckland Regional Council (1996-2005).
Jayne has been involved in air emissions management, research and modelling for most of here career. Some key projects have included:
- Preparation of emission inventories for Ministry for the Environment, Auckland Council and Environment Canterbury
- Various updates, technical reports and preparation of support material for the NZ Transport Agency’s Vehicle Emission Prediction Model
- Modelling real world energy use projections for the Ministry of Transport’s Vehicle Fleet Emissions Model
- Co-author of the updated Health and Air Pollution in New Zealand (HAPINZ) study in 2012
Jayne has extensive experience in air discharge consent processing, compliance monitoring and enforcement for all types of discharges to air including dust, odour and harmful pollutants. Some recent experience includes:
- Hearing commissioner on resource consent applications to continue to operate the Talley’s seafood processing complex, including fishmeal rendering, at Port Motueka.
- Expert witness with respect to air discharges (for a Section 274 party) in the Environment Court appeal between Envirofume Limited and Bay of Plenty Regional Council (NZ EnvC 12-2017)
- Primary author of the MfE Good Practice Guide for Assessing Discharges to Air from Industry (2008) and the 2016 update.
- Co-author of the updated MfE Good Practice Guide for Assessing and Managing Odour (2016).
- Expert witness with respect to odour discharges (for a Section 274 party) in the Environment Court appeal between Auckland Council and Craddock Farms (ENV-2015-AKL-000039)
- Expert witness for the Auckland Regional Public Health Service submission on air quality to the Auckland Unitary Plan Independent Hearings Panel (2015)
Jayne is co-Director of Emission Impossible Ltd with Dr Gerda Kuschel.